So, what a week eh?
Just a quick post here before a longer deep dive post into RISE week.
I am absolutely amazed at what we all pulled off in Hong Kong for RISE. It absolutely blew away all expectations! Just an incredible show of passion and just plain awesomeness from everyone.
I did a shout out on stage during the closing comments to many people but I guess this is even better: a thank you to the following people, who without, could not have made this #RiseWeek happen. Looking at this list its awesome to see that its filled with people who have both been with us since 2009 all the way to people who just recently joined the community:
- Gene my right hand man
- Jon my left hand man
- Raffi the Alive Not Dead party-making machine.
- Michelle and the Blueprint team
- Catherine, Naomi, Fion and the Notey team
- Atin from HUKapp
- Bay and his Brinc empire
- Simon from Nest
- Asif from Spacious
- Elaine, James and the Garage Society team
- Mikaal from 8 Securities (still no Cinnabon)
- Danny from Prenetics
- Ibrahim from Outblaze
- Elisabeth from KPMG
- Arthur, Matt and the Vectr team.
- Karen, Karena and the W hub team.
- Pritish and the Gormei team.
- Jeffrey, Bart and the Startup Weekend Avengers.
- Fred and Hugo from East Founders
There were 30+ pub crawl captains that were the first point of entry for visitors to HK all should be knighted (if not with a sword, then at least with a beer bong) many of them are on the list above and here are the others:
- Kalina from Lightstage
- Nat from Hong Kong Hustle
- Eric and Richard from Floship
- Alice from TiE
- Tony from Nest
- Edwin from Spottly
- Thomas from Double
- Richard from Localiiz
- Larry from Pay4Bugs
I also was ecstatic that I was able to get the BreakthroughHK stage set up and have to thank the 4 kingdoms of Westeros on coming together and getting us the 20 best startups:
- Hong Kong Science Park
I called and all you guys came through! The HK community is eternally grateful!